Saturday, August 30, 2008

Small pond in Rhea County

Thursday morning while I was traveling down a small country road in Rhea County, Tennessee I came across this pond. Thought the stone art was neat, and decided to stop. Notice the beginning of yellows in the relection.
Saw something barely moving under the surface of the water.
First thought turtle....
Then beaver...
Next this large mouth comes up and opens up.

Finally got a decent photo. This one is for 2 of my blogger friends that like to fish. They are The Fishing Guy and Troutbirder.

3 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Leedra: That is one big Carp sucking up the surface.
Thanks for the shout out.

troutbirder said...

Hey thanks Leedra. Been havesting and canning tomatos by the ton lately so haven't had time to check my favorite blogs. Cool carp sequence. In my younger day I used to sneek up on them on hot August days and do some "bow and arrow" fishing. That was a blast.

Gardener's Garden said...

I don't do much fishing but love watching things in the water and your sequence was really fun. My thing usually turn out to be frogs and turtles although once I saw a beaver....great shots!