Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eastern Bluebird babies peeping out of birdhouse

I was walking across the backyard when I saw the bluebird leave the birdhouse. Then I saw something start out again. As you can see from the photos below they were curious about me. All 6 pictures were taken in less than 1 minute. It is almost as if the 1st one said "come look, you gotta see this", then there were 2 heads trying to look out the one little hole. Then one last look and down they went. I waited about 5 minutes and they never popped up again.It does seem late in the season but these photos were taken Monday, August 11. This is the new birdhouse I put up and they built within the week of installation.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your site. I have just started blogging and I love it. The farm pictures are beautiful as well. Looking forward to seeing more. Feel free to visit me.

troutbirder said...

The blue bird sequence is soooo neat. Ours have headed south already. Winter, here on the tundra, can't be far behind.
Just kidding....I hope.
troutbirder
p.s. I was so excited, I forgot my social graces and failed to say thanks for the award.
THANKS!!!

Jen said...

Hi Leedra-
I saw your comment to Dorothy @ Counting my Blessings, you know your butterflies!
You have great photography skills! I particularly like the clothes line in blue. beautiful! I'll come back and browse more at a later time. Blessings to you. Jen

Shelley said...

I love how the bluebirds were so curious about you!