Monday, October 6, 2008

East Tennessee Heron in flight

These are a continuation of the previous post. This is when he decided he didn't want to continue to hurt the other one in front of me anymore. Most of the time when they decide to take off in a hurry I miss the change, specially if they actually come in my direction, because sometime I am too close then. This one flew just right for me to get him all the way across the lake.









I guess I should have cropped these, but was not thinking at the time. These were taken at one of the marina at Watts Bar Lake in Spring City, Tennessee.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great shots of the Heron.

A Colorful World said...

Yes, great photos! I'm glad you were able to catch him in flight.

SaraG said...

Awesome photo's!!

Dorothy said...

Hi Leedra,
You were in the right place at the right time, that's what it's all about. Good pictures of the flight of the heron!

Ecobirder said...

Nice pics. It was cool that you got it flying through the fog.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Leedra: Wonderfully captured, I have a tough time while flying. You did exceptional all across the lake.

Anonymous said...

i would love an opportunity and experience like this! these are truly a wonder! isn't photography a wondrous thing?!